Planning for the Amarnath Yatra can be an exciting and spiritually fulfilling experience. The Amarnath Yatra is an annual pilgrimage to the Amarnath Cave in Jammu and Kashmir, India, where devotees pay homage to an ice stalagmite believed to represent Lord Shiva. Here’s a complete guide on how to plan your Amarnath Yatra in 2023
Amarnath Yatra registration process
All Information About Amarnath Yatra 2023 Registration Online and Offline
Dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated at 3,888 m above sea level, Shri Amarnath Cave is one of the holiest of shrines for Hindus. Amarnath Yatra is a pilgrimage circuit, which opens for two months every year. The Amarnath yatra registration is compulsory for pilgrims. There are two ways for Amarnath Yatra 2023 registration – offline and online. The pilgrims can register themselves on the official website of the Shri Amarnath Ji Shrine Board (SASB).
Amarnath Yatra 2023 Offline & Online Registration Date
|17th April 2023
|17th April 2023
1. Step-By-Step Registration Procedure for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2023
- The registration for Amarnath Yatra and issuance of the Yatra Permit (YP) are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Amarnath Yatra’s offline registration begins on April 17, 2023, from 446 branches of the Punjab National Bank, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, and the YES Bank. You can download the Amarnath Yatra registration 2023 bank list pdf file from here.
- One Yatra Permit is valid for registering only one pilgrim.
- Each branch has been allotted a fixed quota of permits to issue for each day and for each route. The bank ensures that the number of permits issued does not exceed the number allotted per day and per route, every day.
- From each route, 7500 pilgrims can visit Yatra. In total, 15,000 pilgrims are allowed in a day, including trekking and helicopter.
- No one below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years, and no lady with more than six weeks’ pregnancy is allowed to register for the Yatra.
- Every pilgrim has to submit the application form along with Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) to obtain Yatra Permit. The registration form and Compulsory Health Certificate format are available on the website of SASB. The list of Authorized Institutions and doctors for issuing Compulsory Health Certificates (CHC) for Shri Amarnath Yatra is constantly updated and made available online.
- The application form and CHC are also available at the registration branches.
- Before applying for the permit, each Yatri must have completely filled in the application form..
- The registration at the bank can be done between 3 PM to 6 PM normally. Although, you should confirm the timings.
- To apply for the Yatra Permit, the pilgrim must submit the following documents to the Registration Officer at the registration center:
- Filled-in prescribed application form.
- Prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) issued by the authorized Doctor or Medical Institution.
- Four passport-size photographs (three for Yatra Permits and one for the application form).
- After verifying all the documents, you will get your Yatra Permit. For each day and route, you will get Yatra Permits of a different color. The color coding for last year is given below:
|Color of Yatra Permit for Pahalgam Route
|Color of Yatra Permit for Baltal Route
- The specific day of the Yatra is printed on the Yatra Permit and are allowed to cross the Access Control Gates on that day only from the specific route that is from Baltal and Chandanwari (Pahalgam)
Know about the Amarnath Yatra Dates in 2023
2. How to do online Amarnath Yatra Registration 2023?
Amarnath Yatra online registration date begins on April 17, 2023. The Amarnath Yatra registration online 2023 is being done through the official website of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board. Amarnath Yatra online registration is an easy process and needs the following things for a successful registration:
- Get your important documents such as Compulsory Health Certificate and photographs scanned.
- Fill out the registration form and upload the documents required.
- Verify the mobile number using OTP received.
- After the application process, a confirmation message will be sent on mobile.
- Pay application fees online.
- Registration complete, Download the Yatra Permit.
3. Important Information for Amarnath Yatra Registration
|No. of Yatris in A Group
|1 to 5
|6 to 10
|11 to 15
|21 to 25
|26 to 30 and more
- The fees of the registration of Yatra Permit is INR 150.
- Yatri who wishes to travel by Helicopter will not be required to register for the Yatra separately.
- The pilgrims who travel by Helicopter will be required to submit the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) at the time of boarding the Helicopter.
- The pilgrims would be allowed to embark on her/ his Yatra only on the day and from the route for which she/ he has been registered.