Roopkund Trek in Uttarakhand
Roopkund Trek Overview
About the Roopkund Trek:
The “mystery Lake of Uttarakhand” – the Roopkund Lake – is a must-do trek for an avid trekker. The Roopkund trek is a moderate trek, with a beautiful view of mountainous rivers, enthralling ridges, lush forests, and scenic meadows around. The trek starts from Lohajung and takes you through a high altitude of 16,499 ft., during which you can spot Bedni Bugyal, the quaint villages of Wan and Didna. The zig-zag and snowy trail offers the best views of the Roopkund lake, Neelganga river, and also offers a memorable experience of meditating at the Kalu Vinayak temple.
Do not forget to notice the royal twin peaks of Nanda Devi, Kamet, Dronagiri, and Hathi- Ghodi Parvat and spot the rare-yellow Himalayan magpie.
Quick facts for Roopkund Trek:
- Temperature: Day: 13 to 18°C and Night: -5 to 7°C
- Roopkund trek distance: 53 KM
- Maximum altitude: 16,499 ft.
- Roopkund trekking gradient: Moderate to difficult
- Last ATM: Last Atm is in Lohajung, around 10 KM from Bedni
About the trekking experience:
- Starting from Lohajung, the Roopkund trek takes you through Bedni Bugyal, tiny hamlets of Wan and Dedni, and also offers mesmerizing summit views of the Garhwal Himalayan peaks.
- Pass through the hundreds of blooming rhododendrons and oaks, and spot the Himalayan magpie as you approach the pristine Roopkund Lake and Neelganga river. A view of black-stoned lord Ganesha, inside the Kalu Vinayak temple, makes the trekking experience unforgettable.
- As you continue your zig-zag trail to accomplish the altitude of 16,499 ft. amidst the icy wind, get an admiring view of India’s second-highest peak, Nanda Devi.
- The entire distance of 53 KM will be covered in 8 days.
- Share your travel experience with your group, when you relax at the Himalayan campsite.
- Hearty breakfast, lunch, and dinner (vegetarian) are all included in the package. If you like learning new facts, interact with the locals, and listen to some interesting stories.
- Ensure that you stay covered with thermals and enough jackets to withstand the temperature that is between 13°C to 18°C during the day and -5°C to 7°C at night.
- All equipment, meal areas, accommodation, etc. are sanitized before and after every use to ensure the utmost safety and hygiene of the trekkers.
₹13,499 / per person
₹13,499 / per person
- TRAVEL TIPS -
NEED TRAVEL RELATED TIPS & INFORMATION
Tell us the story and your desires and we plan the perfect package that suits your needs.
All you need to do is to sit back and pack your bags.
₹6,990 / per person
OTHER TRAVEL PACKAGES
Now you already know, that we have a lot to offer. We just need your trust and time